It's that time of year again, time to figure out the pairings for goat breeding. Now this is an exciting time for me, all of the anticipation to see what each genetic pairing brings, is exciting. But that's just me. Anyway, the last couple of years, my goats have taken matters into their own hooves, and through multiple amazing escapes have foiled any kind of planning. This year I think I have those bucks under control. So check out the Kid Page for the plan, and let me know if you are interested in a kid from any of the pairings.
So, I am probably the worst blogger...ever. I get so busy taking care of all of the animals, raising our 3 little boys, and practicing vet medicine, that this website gets neglected until something big happens. Well, here are some of the BIG THINGS happening at THF:
1. We have begun to build our own Nigerian Dwarf Goat herd in the hopes of having a small dairy to support our family. We now have 2 bucks thanks to Lynne Grasse of Grasse Acres for these sweet boys! We had gotten our first two does in 2013, and after losing one unexpectedly this spring, met Lynne when purchasing a new doeling (Grasse Acres Cassie). So we have bred Kaapio Acres Legacy to Whispering Pine's Ricotta for spring kids!
2. PUPPIES! Puppies are always a huge deal. We have been kept up to date on our past litters' performances and are so incredibly proud of how they have done. Timber Hill's Racer and Tom Rotundo are doing some outstanding work in NSTRA. So our girl Timber Hill's Hearts On Fire is bred to Thunderhead's Go Blue. The pups from this cross are going to be headed to the top.
3. PUPPIES #2...We. Are. Getting...A Bullmastiff Puppy!!!!! Yes, our new "little" security officer will hopefully be arriving at our farm this summer.
4. HF Mobster x Einsteins Revolution. If you know reining horses, I need not elaborate. Our homebred reining mare, Brilliant Lil Ruby by the Great Einsteins Revolution and out of our performance producer Ambers Connection is bred to HF Mobster for a mid-April foal.
5. This really shouldn't be last, but...we are now the proud parents of a third son! Blake Allen arrived on March 5th, and we couldn't be happier to be raising these little men. God is good.
So, those are the big things. I've got a few more announcements up my sleeve that I'll save for later.
6 healthy babies arrived May 8, 2014. Chara, as usual, is an excellent mother. The little guys are growing so quickly that you can tell the difference from day to day. I'm very excited to see how they grow and develop. This has been such a wonderful cross in the past that I have no doubt of how well these little guys will perform, both as hunters and companions.
Chara has just come home from Hidden Creek Kennel. We timed the breeding with VC Shooting Starr's Gen Milo MH perfectly. Now all we do is wait. In about 3 weeks I should be able to confirm the pregnany with ultrasound. I'm very excited about this litter. The first breeding between these two produced excellent puppies. If you are interested in a puppy, please contact us for more info. The puppies should be here around May 6, 2014, so would home about Fourth Of July or so.
So, I haven't updated this blog in quite some time. I guess I've been too busy with everything else. But, sitting here in this long winter of extreme cold, I have decided to sit down and work on the website. Winter will come to an end soon (maybe if I say it enough, it will come true), and we have exciting adventures to look to in the coming year.
BA Chics Luv Flowers (Mattie) is in foal to Einsteins Revolution for a May baby. I am definitely excited about this cross. Mattie is such an athletic little mare, and I don't think I need to go into how awesome Junior is. Our first Junior baby, Billiant Lil Ruby, is getting set for training, and I KNOW she is going to be cool. That is probably the next most exciting thing about raising a foal besides its actual birth. Seeing how they ride! I also have some ideas for a breeding for Ambers Connection (Jewel...more about that when I get it setteled :) AND, I am going to try and get out there to show! Its a my New Year's Resolution. I made some awesome friends in 2013, and they are going to get me in the show pen this year.
We have been waiting for our GSP Thunderhead's Mighty Reward (Chara) to come in to heat for a repeat breeding to VC Shooting Starr's Gen Milo MH. With our first litter earning us a NAVHDA NA Breeder's Award, it will be another group of excellent hunting pups! Timber Hill's Hearts On Fire (Diamond) is hitting the fields this year for NAVHDA Utility Competition, so we will get to see her showing everyone how to get it done! That dog can run, she can swim, and she is the best tracker there is.
Yes, this winter will end, and this year, Timber Hill will rock! Check us out frequently for updates on our show year....
Its finally happening, we are getting our horse barn! No more running back and forth to the other farm to get chores done, my horses will finally be with me.
The barn is a 110x36 pole building built by Bontrager Co. One end will have a heated workshop area, which will also contain a small kennel for our dogs to go in when we are out of town, or away for most of the day. Next will be a hay storage area, followed by an 8 stall barn with a tack room and feed room. Each stall opens up to a paddock area before entering into a larger pasture.
Welcome to our new website! I will continue to update with more pics and descriptions of the animals we have here. We will also try to update about the food plots, hunting, etc. as we can.
Right now we are super busy with our newest addition, Ryder Daniel! Born September 26th, our second son is such a blessing. Our oldest son Dallas is just 2, and trying to get used to the new family dynamic.
BA Chics Luv Flowers is bred to Smoking Whiz for a late April 2013 foal. This foal is for sale now, email me for more info.
Chara's first litter did outstanding! We are eligible for a Natural Ability Breeder's Award for this litter. At the July test at our Kettle Moraine Chapter, three of Chara's puppies ran; Timber Hill's Commander, Timber Hill's Sago, and our Timber Hill's Hearts On Fire. All three received Prize I scores, and both Sago and Bowtech got top scores! Timber Hill's Josie was the fourth puppy to prize. If there is enough interest, we will repeat this breeding. Contact us if you are interested in an outstanding hunting partner!